During the slower CAT season:
- Maintain your vehicle and make sure it is ready to go when a Catastrophe hits.
- Make sure your Adjuster license(s) are up-to-date and will stay that way throughout the course of the entire deployment. If your license(s) will expire in the calendar year, make sure your Continuing Education (CE) is complete or near completion.
- Confirm your electrical devices such as laptops and cell phone are in working order.
- Check your tools/ladder and make sure they are working properly.
- Training and Certifications. Use this time to take Xactimate certification classes or other Continuing Education. Also check with Adjuster Relations and see if there are Carrier-specific certifications you need, such as Citizens or TWIA. Obtain/continue training in all areas including Xactimate, XactAnalysis, inspecting, damage evaluation, policy, construction and materials, etc.
- Make sure your CAT clothing fits and is free of holes and stains. Clothing is often overlooked, and you will want to look professional in the field.
- Network. Get to know Adjuster Relations as well as the Claims Managers and Claims Supervisors. They can provide very valuable information that will help you succeed.
- Have cash on hand. You will need this for expenses when a CAT hits.
Once you are deployed, make sure you consider the following before leaving:
- Medication. You need to make sure you have enough of any prescribed medication before you deploy.
- Monthly bills
- Upkeep of your home, including pets, mail, newspaper, etc.
- Make sure Pacesetter has Emergency Contact information.
- Confirm you have lodging reservations before leaving if at all possible.
CAT Deployment Item Checklist:
- Reliable Vehicle
- Gasoline and spare gas can
- Jumper Cables
- Flat tire repair
- Driver’s license, proof of insurance and Adjuster licensing information
- Laptop, including power cords, mouse, extra monitor(s) if needed.
- Current Xactimate subscription
- Cell phone, along with car and wall chargers
- Digital Camera (if not using cell phone), including memory cards, battery charger, cords.
- Printer. If using, make sure to include extra ink and paper.
- Internet Wi-fi Hotspot is recommended, especially on a Hurricane deployment.
- Tape Measure (and a second backup)
- Laser Tape Measure
- Moisture meter
- USB Flash Drives and/or external hard drive
- Extension cord, power strips and/or surge protector
- Office supplies, such as stapler, staples, binders, scissors, paper, paper clips, binder clips, sticky notes, clip boards, tape, etc.
- Cougar Paws or other non-slip boots
- Extra shoes/boots
- Gloves (both work gloves as well as cold weather gloves).
- Tool belt with necessary inspection tools such as shingle gauge, pitch gauge, chalk, etc.
- General mechanical tools (hammer, pliers, wrenches/sockets, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Kitchen items such as fork, knife, spoon, paper plates, can opener, cups
- Flashlights/lantern along with extra batteries
- Insect Repellent
- Cold weather clothing if applicable, including coat, gloves, hats, etc.
- Rain gear
- Toilet Paper
- Bottled Water
- Snacks and non-perishable food
- First aid kit
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal hygiene items
- Pillows and blankets
- Extra clothing
Why Choose Pacesetter?The benefit of hiring Pacesetter Claims Service is that we can help relieve you of the stress of preparing a claim. We have a full staff of certified, professional adjusters who are the best to be found in the industry. Whether the work is in the office or out in the field, our networking and management system provides a solid foundation of support. Our team is able to communicate through every step of the claims process, from preparing to settling the claim. It’s because of our dynamic system that we’re able to give excellent service. Pacesetter sets itself apart from other adjuster service providers by maintaining close communication with you throughout the entire journey. We pride ourselves on being adaptable and giving custom-tailored solutions to our clients. If you want the very best when it comes to claims adjusting, contact us today.
Since 1997, we have built and continue to attract the best operations team in the property claim industry.
Our team supports all aspects of the property line to include Catastrophe, Daily, and Desk Adjusting. We also offer file audits, appraisal, and consulting services. Working together, we will help you deliver the service standards your customers expect.
Quality you can count on from a trusted partner you can rely on!
Roof damage is a common cause of insurance claims, and as an insurance company, you need to ensure that you're providing the best possible service to your policyholders. One way to do this is by outsourcing your roof inspections to third-party claims adjusters. Why...
In the insurance industry, claims management is a crucial component of providing the best possible service to policyholders. When an incident happens, whether it's a natural disaster, a car accident, or a property damage claim, insurance adjusters play a vital role in...
Three Loss Adjusting Claims Leaders Pioneer Benefit Transformation for Thousands in Freelance Workforce
Collaboration with Wingspan Software Platform Unlocks New Support and Efficiency Three loss adjusting firms are leading the way for the industry in transforming benefits and support for freelance adjusters and inspectors. Pacesetter Claims Service, CIS Group and CRU...